Protecting Your PPF Investmentby Joel Rodriguez | Article | July 27, 2023 | Paint Protection Film
Congratulations on investing in paint protection film for your vehicle! Paint Protection Film (PPF) is the best way to protect your vehicle’s paint from scratches, rock chips, road debris, chemical contaminants, and other damages. To ensure the longevity and effectiveness of your PPF, it’s essential to adopt proper care and maintenance practices. In this blog post, we will explore the best techniques and tips to take care of your car after getting Paint Protection Film installed.
- Allow a minimum of three days following installation for film to cure before washing or waxing your vehicle. After the three-day curing process, you can begin with regular maintenance.
- Following the minimum three-day period, frequent hand-washing is recommended.
- The newly installed film takes 30 days to fully cure and there may be some haze or condensation during this period; this is normal.
- Light scratches in the film will self-heal in 20-30 minutes at room temperature. In colder conditions, or to accelerate the process, pour warm water (120°F) over the affected area.
- Remove insect or other stains as soon as possible with bug and tar remover.
- Use only soft terry cloth or microfiber towels on the film.
- Do not wipe or scrub the film in direct sunlight or when the film is hot.
Taking care of your car after installing Paint Protection Film is essential to ensure its longevity and maintain its visual appeal. By following the guidelines outlined in this blog, you can protect your PPF investment and keep your vehicle looking pristine for years to come.
Want to know more about PPF? Check out this posthere
that’ll tell you all you need to know.
Interested in getting PPF on your film? We’ve got you covered! Head over toperformanceclearbra.com/paint-protection-film
to learn more about how you can protect your vehicle today.